Advice and precautions after placing a dental implant
If you have recently had a dental implant placed, it is important to follow our advice and precautions.
What you should do
Some discomfort is normal after the surgery. To minimize the pain take the pain killers prescribed by Dr Carbasse.
- Take the anti biotics as stipulated by Dr Carbasse.
- Eat soft foods for 72 hours
- 24 hours after the operation, you should use the mouthwash as explained by Dr Carbasse.
- You must brush the area with a post-surgical toothbrush.
What not to do
Avoid rinsing for 24 hours.
Avoid asprin as it thins the blood.
Avoid foods that are too hard.
Avoid smoking as this can slow down the healing process.
Contact Doctor Carbasse if:
- The implant is painful or loose.